Communications Specialist – Arlington, VA
Dynamic Management Associates is seeking to hire a Communications Specialist to support the Joint Chiefs of Staff and be part of a dynamic small business that values its employees and strives to create a positive work environment. We offer a competitive salary, a 401K, and a medical, dental and vision benefits package.
The Communications Specialist will support functions such as, but not limited to:
· Development of written material in support of a variety of program and performance management initiatives.
· Provide editorial and written support for the Joint Staff’s senior leadership, to include but not limited to CJCS, VCJCS, DJS, VDJS, Director, DOM, Office of the SJS, and Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Chairman (SEAC).
· Assist with the development of Joint Staff correspondence, to include issuances, e.g., directives, manuals, guides, memorandums, etc., information memorandums, action memorandums, memorandums for the record, and executive correspondence.
· Edit incoming and outgoing Joint Staff information to ensure strict conformance to U.S. Government, DoD, and Joint Staff formatting, grammatical construction, punctuation, capitalization, and spelling rules.
· Analyze and evaluate the documents as to intended purposes, style, manner of presentation, organization, and proposed implementation and distribution, and relevant DoD, CJCS, Joint Staff directives and instructions.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT: Seven years’ experience providing communications support to sensitive and high-profile programs and topics, preferably with DoD. Must have expert knowledge, skill, and ability to write, edit, and revise documents that are tailored for the highest levels of the U.S. Government, to include the President, Secretary and Deputy Secretary of Defense, the National Security Council, the Homeland Security Council, and Congress. Excellent command of spelling, grammar, and punctuation with strong attention to detail and an eye for consistency. Extensive experience using a variety of software used to prepare correspondence, to include Microsoft Office programs and services, such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Demonstrated success working in fast-paced and challenging environments.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, or a related field.
An active DoD TS/SCI clearance is required
Job Type: Full-time