Instructor – Arlington, VA
Dynamic Management Associates is seeking to hire an Instructor to support the Joint Chiefs of Staff and be part of a dynamic small business that values its employees and strives to create a positive work environment. We offer a competitive salary, a 401K, and a medical, dental and vision benefits package.
Instructor duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Lead instructional and training sessions, to include workshops, and collaborative discussions that enable Joint Staff personnel to support the CJCS’s Title 10 responsibilities of the U.S. Code by fostering an understanding of the Joint Staff decision-making process and preparation of executive-level correspondence, analysis, proposals.
- Work closely with Joint Staff managers to understand the missions and responsibilities of Joint Staff Directorates, develop mission-relevant training material; deliver training in an effective and timely manner.
- Identify gaps in learning needed; gather and share best practices with students, to include sample written products.
- Identify or create tools, e.g., dashboards and surveys, that enable Joint Staff leaders to identify areas of development for Action or Staff Officers.
- Develop and execute post-course training surveys; dutifully incorporate survey results and findings, to improve training courses.
- Understand Joint Staff-wide training needs by partnering with Joint Staff Directorates and DoD organizations to gather relevant information and data that enhance learning curricula. Develop, partner, and nurture relationships throughout the Joint Staff and DoD to develop and implement learning strategies, programs, and processes.
- Use in-depth training experience to identify improvements to existing trainings, new training techniques, approaches, or curriculum that enrich the learning experience for more than 600 personnel annually.
- Support the development of the Joint Staff’s multi-year Joint Staff Action Process (JSAP) Training Plan.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT: Eight years of experience designing, developing, and implementing a variety of training programs, using instructor-led, web-based, or virtual training methods. Shall possess:
- Extensive experience teaching, instructing, or lecturing on a variety of topics, to include on-the-job technical training for a minimum of 32 students. This experience shall include, but is not limited to designing and implementing learning solutions using simulations, social media, mobile, video, and micro-learning tools.
- Candidate shall possess the knowledge and aptitude in using various types of technology in the training environment.
- Knowledge of and experience using a variety of software programs, to include but is not limited to Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, to translate complex information, concepts, and how-to data into cogent, visually appealing, effective presentations is required.
- Candidate shall have strong communications skills, to include oral and written; and remarkable stage presence.
- Candidate shall have the ability operate independently and within the team.
- Candidate shall be detail oriented and have strong researching skills. Possess the ability to analyze and de-conflict highly sensitive and complex military, governmental, commercial information from a variety of sources, to include those of historical nature, to form instructionally sound course content.
- Candidate shall have experience in following, consuming, and crafting plans of instruction that are derived from technical guides, organizational policies, directives, laws, senior leader preferences, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to independently create or improve, when needed, informational material, to include but not limited to handbooks, technical guides, how-to guides, pamphlets, which will be used to enrich students’ learning experience.
- Candidate shall have experience identifying, gathering and incorporating lessons learned from a variety of sources, which increase Joint Staff personnel’s potential for success.
- Candidate shall have demonstrated experience in developing and designing course surveys, and analyzing and incorporating findings into curricula. Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning theory, classroom and web-based instruction. Expert experience required on designing and developing a technical, on-the-job training program to foster students’ understanding of and use of an information technology-based tool or solution.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and ability to design, develop, and deliver training on written products, to include development of policies, regulations, correspondence, white papers, information papers, etc.
- Ability to develop and launch training information in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience in curriculum design and development expertise; proficiency in eLearning, in-depth knowledge of various learning management systems (LMS) and training software.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: Bachelor’s degree. Certified Professional in Leaning and Performance (CPLP) and Instructional Design/Developer is strongly preferred, but not required.
An active DoD TS/SCI clearance is required.
Job Type: Full-time