Management Analysts – Port Hueneme, CA
POSITION: Management Analyst (4 positions)
LOCATION: Port Hueneme, CA
CLEARANCE: DoD Secret
DESCRIPTION: Management Analysts provide subject matter expertise and assistance to support NSWC PHD acquisition personnel during requirement development; assist in drafting requirement descriptions (i.e. statements of work, performance work statements, statements of objectives), specifications, data requirements, and delivery schedules; compile and transcribe requirements, reported reviews, analyses, specifications, data requirements, and schedules.
Primary duties will include (but not limited to):
- Assistance with development of procurement requests, requirement descriptions, and other acquisition documentation;
- Assistance with development of requirement descriptions, including quantities to be procured, examination of specifications to match requirements to various options available, identification of exceptions or changes needed in standard contract provisions, selection of appropriate contract type, coordination of socioeconomic factors with appropriate activities, determination of minimum or maximum order limitations, analysis of origin/destination pricing, analysis of bid or preproduction samples, analysis of transportation and delivery considerations;
- Development of new measures of effectiveness and analysis of existing measures of effectiveness to ensure efficiency and maximum visibility into key acquisition and contracting processes;
- Analysis and improvement of NSWC PHD acquisition planning documentation, and local policy and procedures;
- Development and piloting of effective training materials for NSWC PHD acquisition personnel;
- Continual maintenance of databases for developing, tracking and managing contract requirements and projects, workflow in JIRA application (Confluence software), SharePoint, Microsoft Office Suite and/or other tools.
- Completion of ad hoc data verification and entry into Federal database systems; extraction and verification of data to ensure accuracy and monitor interfaces to ensure records are added correctly; manual addition of records, if required; adherence to scheduled reporting requirements; and provision of support for the System for Award Management (SAM).
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Bachelor’s (or equivalent) in a business or technical field with 7 years experience in engineering/science management, operations research analysis or financial/cost analysis. Significant experience in U.S. Navy programs or operations.