Mid-level Financial Analyst – Arlington, VA
Provide advice and assistance in the preparation of annual budgets. Measure organizational performance, assess the effects of various programs and policies on the budget. Examine budget estimates and proposals Perform cost-benefit analysis, assess program tradeoffs, and explore alternative funding methods. Examine past and current budgets and research economic and financial developments that affect the organization’s spending. Develop guidelines and policies governing the formulation and maintenance of budgets.
- Assist in preparing budget exhibits for all appropriations in response to the Department of Defense (DoD) and Department of Navy (DoN) budget cycle process. Provide support in coordination and preparation of presentation material for pre-briefs, hearings, reclamas and back-up material for DoD/DoN Program budgets.
- Conduct cost evaluations. Assist in the development of the Program Objective Memorandum (POM) and Program Review budget issue papers.
- Prepare financial presentations and assist in the resolution of actions/issues financial/program meetings.
- Maintain financial records through tracking commitments, obligations and expenditures and reconciling accounts in STARs, PRISMs, ERP and other financial databases.
- Assist in processing invoices for payment for multiple contracts and field activities utilizing Payment Instruction Forms. Review, provide status and prepare letters to forward German checks and supporting documentation to field activities.
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial overviews and semi-annual financial status reports for US and German funding.
- Provide support in the review and analysis of field activity/contractor business plans to identify and balance yearly budget activity requirements including development of statements of work and recording and tracking allocation of funds.
- Prepare financial documentation for the Ship Cost Adjustment Reviews with the Ship Program Managers (SPMs). Provide support in the development of new Construction (SCN) Ship Program Directives, NAVSEA 7300’s and ship phasing plans.
Education/Certification: Masters degree in business, finance, or accounting. Financial Management Certification preferred.
Experience: Requires 10 years DoD/Navy financial management, or Industry business/financial management. A preferred candidate would also possess Financial experience supporting DoD programs DoD/DoN procedures and Policies (DoD 5000 process); Naval Science and Technology (S&T) Strategies and Future Naval Capabilities (FNC) programs; Foreign Military Sales.
Clearance: DoD Secret required