Senior Program Manager – Washington, D.C.
Dynamic Management Associates is seeking a Program Manager to support PMS 317 in its mission to design, build, outfit, and test LPD 17 Program amphibious transport dock ships by overseeing business and financial management (BFM) and integrated logistics (ILS) support. The Program Manager will be responsible for coordinating and overseeing daily execution of the statement of work (SOW) and managing budget resources.
- Provide support integral to the execution of PMS 317 Acquisition Program under the cognizance of the PMS 317 (Government) Program Manager;
- Effectively coordinate LPD Program support efforts or other future amphibious acquisition programs’ efforts with various NAVSEA Offices and field activities, external Navy and Government organizations, Prime Contractors, and other support contractors;
- Assist in performing program monitoring and control efforts, including critical path management, forecasting upcoming and recurring PMS 317 Program events; planning and preparation for critical events and establishment and implementation of other control methods tailored to requirements including development of Milestone charts, Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms), schedules, and timelines;
- Provide formal management systems and processes to manage work schedule and cost, specifications, configuration management, and product quality assurance;
- Establish and control technical milestones, schedules, budgets and costs;
- Evaluate issues and provide recommendations related to ship, ship system, and information system cost, schedule, and performance;
- Provide program definition, organization, and direction of short- and long-range plans;.
- Manage the technical studies, problem resolution, and life-cycle monitoring work;
- Manage development and decision basis of performance-based specifications, circulars of requirements, and other specifications; and
- Provide executive level support and liaison functions with Navy, DoD, Congress and other agencies and organizations
- Required qualifications:
- Bachelor’s level degree in any technical or managerial discipline
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification required
- 15+ years relevant professional experience in program/project management
- Experience with DoD 5000.02 ACAT I Acquisition
- Supervisory Experience
- Experience communicating with SES/Flag level personnel
- Preferred qualifications:
- Master’s degree in any technical or managerial discipline
- 10+ years relevant DoD/Navy program management and Government technical management
Clearance: Active SECRET security clearance required