Senior Engineer (E-4)- Arlington, VA
Provide engineering/technical support in the areas of design, safety, Electromagnetic Environmental Effects.
- This task includes review of plans, schedules, tests and test results, data packages, etc. required to maintain the design, safety and Electromagnetic Environmental Effects.
- Review, analyze, and evaluate Test and Evaluation programs including documentation and test execution, contract compliance, and consistency with overall program objectives. Provide technical assistance for T&E firings.
- Provide program Technical Directors with the evaluation of contract proposals, contract deliverables, specification changes and waivers. Actively participate in the program meetings. Interface Working Groups, Safety Working Group, affect the resolution of issues. Prepare technical documentation, senior level briefings and other reporting requirements.
- Provide strategic and programmatic planning. Review and provide technical review on pertinent specifications, program plans, test plans, contractor documentation, work plans, failure diagnoses, proposals, etc. for both the missile and launching system. Support technical presentations.
- Provide the planning, documentation, generation of schedules and other documentation required to initiate system upgrades.
- Provide technical inputs, in the areas of cost effectiveness, risks, programmatic planning etc. when reviewing potential avenues for countering new threats.
- Provide technical inputs integration methodologies according to various ship classes, CDS capabilities, and available sensors.
Education/Certification: Four years of education leading to a bachelor’s degree in engineering (or the equivalent years of specialized experience). Master’s level degree in any engineering discipline preferred.
Experience: 15 years DoD/Navy engineering, Government technical management, or Industry engineering. Supervisory experience; experience communicating with SES/Flag level personnel DoD/DoN procedures and Policies (DoD 5000 process); Naval Science and Technology (S&T) Strategies and Future Naval Capabilities (FNC) programs; Foreign Military Sales preferred.
Clearance: DoD Secret required